Sunday, July 24, 2011

Assignment #1: Dream Vacation

Welcome to the first aassignment of our little blog group that "officially" consists of four teacher friends.  Amanda Aslin, Melissa Bufe, Jennifer Psencik and I will be attempting to write weekly blogs on predetermined topics.  I kind of formed this loose knit organization, and sadly, will most likely be the biggest slacker of the group.  I'm hoping that my friends hold me accountable, as much as I am able to be held accountable. 

Anyway, 10:00 p.m. and here I go.  Assignment #1:  Dream Vacation. 

I'll be the first to admit, I've not traveled much.  In fact, for the first 32 years of my life, I had never been north of Kansas.  I guess this is fairly apparent in my supposed "accent." 

Quite honestly, I'm not sure why I've not traveled any more than I have.  Possibly, my intense fear of heights, could be partly to blame, as planes tend to fly in areas higher than about 30 feet. 

This made the dream vacation assignment not that terribly difficult for me to complete.  There are several places that I'd love to see oneday, although I can't really narrow it down to just one.

For this reason, my dream vacation would consist of pretty much a world tour with a duration of about 6 months or so.  I might want to start saving now, I guess.

First stop:  Thailand.  Why?  I'd like to participate in a Buddhist retreat of sorts.  I figured that if I did this FIRST on my journey, it would enlighten me and force me to truly be in the moment during the remainder of my travels.  Good thinkin' huh?










After a few weeks of meditation and mind clearing activities, I think I'd mosey on over to Africa to chill out on some awesome beaches.  I've never been to Africa, and it looked fairly nice.  I might check out some safari animal life while I'm there.  It's my dream, why not? 


They even have penguins.  That's the best of both worlds.  Beaches AND penguins?  SCORE! 






Next stop...Europe. There are so many places that I want to see in Europe.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE art and architecture, as well as water.  What better place to see all of these things than Italy? Venice and Rome to be exact.  I'm pretty sure I'll be staying in Italy for about six weeks.  I'll be in Venice for three weeks. 










And Rome for the remaining three weeks.  I plan to eat a good bit while visiting Italy.















Of course, you can't be in Italy, and completely skip right on through Europe without at least stopping in France.  I mean, they do have a little museum that I've kinda wanted to see...my ENTIRE LIFE.  While I'm so close, I might as well check out their tower or something.   I don't intend to stay there for more than a few nights.  French.  Ugh.






 


Now, the next stop on my grand world tour would be Ireland.  I have no idea what in the world I want to see in Ireland other than the castles.  It just looks cool.  Everything is so green and springy looking.  I also like leprechauns, so Ireland it is.  I don't really need to stay there for too terribly long.  Just long enough to feel a little Princessy and maybe get me pot of gold or something.  I figure a week should do it.













 Now, after so many weeks of culture, I'm definitely going to need a little chill time on a beach again.  So, off I go to a nice spot that I discovered online.  It's called "Dunk Island" and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a small hut there soon.  After, of course, I check it out while on vacation.  Since I am interested in investing in a little real estate on that island, I'll require about four months there to thoroughly research my options.  A girl can never be too careful with such decisions. 













     
And since I'm already in Australia, I might visit Sydney just for kicks.  I like the way they sound.  I may even end my travels with a tattoo.  Yeah.  I just thought of that. 

Anyway, I'd like to take my three loves with me, as long as I'm dreaming up incredible journeys. 

Dream big if you are going to bother dreaming.  : )

 

No comments:

Post a Comment