Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Finding Memories

So, I haven't blogged in a while.  It's not that I haven't had anything on my mind.  I guess I've just not wanted to share any of it...until now-and I'm not sure anyone will be able to read 90% of what this says.   

What is it about driving in my car that makes my mind completely go to another place and time?  How is it that I can't listen to my ipod without literally feeming for a full on gritty sleeve or a cherry snowball, depending on the track?  How is it that a song can transport you to the EXACT same feeling/time/place that you experienced the first time that you heard it, whether it was years and years ago or maybe just yesterday?  It's almost as though I can taste what I was tasting at that moment, feel a certain fabric, or see a color that I've only seen once...Somehow, music and smells mesmerize and borderline hypnotize me. 

Bittersweet  (Big Head Todd)

Everything (Buckcherry)

Crazy (Gnarles Barkley)

Foolish Games (Jewel)

Sorry (Buckcherry)

Numb (Linkin Park)

Bring Me to Life (Evanescence)

Nobody Knows (Pink)

Strawberry Fields (Beatles)

Trip  (Hedley)

Head Like a Hole  (NIN)

Do you Remember?   Jack Johnson (everything JJ makes me lolly)

Little bit of Motown  (Various)

Biz Markie - You say he's just a friend *Hahahahaha!

Carry on My Wayward Son (Kansas)

Moves Like Jagger  (quite possibly my best date ever)

Sometimes I hate where my mind goes when I hear a certain melody, or smell a certain scent...yet sometimes I wouldn't trade that connection for all the Oreo Double Stuffs in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment