Sunday, October 16, 2011

Top 10 Reasons I Love My Best Friend


20 years later, we are still the best of friends...

We aren't perfect.  I'm sure he would like for me to be more adventurous and most likely more glamorous.  He probably wishes I'd chosen a profession that made a bit more money.  I often wonder what it would be like to be put on a pedestal and catered to every moment of the day. 

But that's not how we are.  That's not how we will ever be, and that's ok.  We make it work and we love our simple little life together.
Here are my top reasons why.

10.  Kerry smells so good.  I mean...he REALLY smells good.  When he isn't around, I sleep with his shirts on.  I'm serious.  I'm addicted to his smell.  Plus...he's pretty easy on the eyes, even after 20 years of looking at him.  He kinda gets even prettier each year, if that's possible.

9.  You can tell a lot about a man by the type of flowers they buy for you.  Kerry has never sent anything but absolutely PERFECT flowers...more often than I deserve.




8.  He still makes me laugh...everyday.








7.  He's the world's greatest dad.  There are times when I am a less than perfect parent, and he reminds me of what's important without making me feel like a failure. 





6.  He likes my quirks.  We've been together for so long, he thinks I am the norm and considers other people boring at times.  In fact...even with my quirks, I sometimes even bore him.  I like that about him. 

5.  We've been best friends for so long, I can't imagine life without him.  At 39 years old, over half of our lives have been spent with one another, and it feels as though we've grown up together.  In a way, I guess we have.








4.  I can trust him.   I know that he is one of the VERY FEW people who could actually break my heart, yet I know that he never will.  Anytime that I'm worried about something, I just have to ask Kerry if things will be ok.  He tells me the truth.  Even if things aren't going to be ok, it always helps to know ahead of time, and to know that he will be there for me through the not ok times.

3.  He understands why I am the way that I am...for the most part.  That's a big thing for someone to try to understand.


2.  We are just enough alike that we appreciate one another, yet different enough to fill in any weakness that the other might have...even though he's quite certain that he has no weaknesss.




1.     He knows the absolute darkest, ugliest, worst things about me...things that I find utterly disgusting. And he still comes home each night...and he still loves me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment