Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So it sounded like a good Spring Break Project

I'm pretty much old school when it comes to keeping my thoughts in writing.  The only problem with jotting down funny, clever, or insightful blips is that I can't seem to hold on to them for long.   Literally. 

You see...I'm a purger.  I like to throw away pretty much everything.  Ideally, I would discard clothes if I was more at peace with my current physique.  I can't stand STUFF.  Although I like to use the excuse that I've only lived in this house for a short period of time (going on 2 years now), I don't even have curtains in my home.  I love my NOOK simply because it's enabled me to clear the bookshelf.  I'm the exact opposite of a hoarder, so even journals, although they serve a purpose, are subject to dismissal every now and then.   Consequently, it only makes sense that my ideas and random opinions be recorded electronically, not just because it's the "in" thing to do, but because it will enable my compulsive disorder to further develop and prosper.    

The only problem that I am facing at this time is what in the world is important enough to require me to blog?  My thoughts are so random, bizarre, and cluttered at times, that I seriously doubt anyone will find pleasure or even reassurance as to my psychological state, by reading the strange things that enter my mind. 

For instance, let's take a little journey.  I'm a former medical transcriptionist and take pride in my still relatively fast typing speed.  I think I'll simply type the thoughts as they enter my mind.  Here we go:

"What kind of font makes the impression that I have a bit of sense about me?  Maybe I shouldn't even bother with a misleading font.  Who is ringing my doorbell?  Darn kids.  I bet they smell like puppies again.  Lady Gaga and her egg.  I wonder how many boys will be sleeping here tonight.  What's so funny in there?  They sound like a bunch of hyenas.  Speaking of hyenas, what's that weird lady from the pediatrician's office doing right now?  She's a strange duck and was heading to Fort Worth after her daughter's appointment.  I think I'll make a mango smoothie...or maybe some chocolate chip cookies.  I want a gondola, like the one in Vegas."     


That little bit was approximately 15 seconds in my mind.  No wonder I can't stand physical clutter, right?  Imagine trying to make it through a staff meeting with that nonsense going on.  One of my greatest struggles in life has always been and still is, my inability to think about only one thing at a time.  This should provide some interesting or possibly pointless blogging, but I'm going to give it a try...another day.

As for now, I think I'll drink a mango smoothie, eat some chocolate chip cookies, and read my Nook in the tub for an hour or so, while listening to the boys laugh in the next room.  I can only hope your evening is half as enjoyable as mine.  

Good Night my friends.      

1 comment:

  1. I love it, you are an odd but exciting person. I really love the picture of the boys ;)

    ReplyDelete