Friday, March 18, 2011

The Blog Challenge was lost on me.

Everything sounded like it would be so much fun.  I posted my first blog on Tuesday and was invited to participate in a Spring Break Blog Challenge with some coworkers.  The goal was to post everyday of Spring Break, with each blog corresponding to a particular theme or prompt.  I believe Wednesday's post was "Ways in which we Escape," with Thursday's topic being "Somewhere outside of Tarrant County."  The prompt for Friday was "Favorite Things."


So far, I've completed NONE of the daily challenges.  Go figure.  I started thinking of witty things for Wednesday's blog and my mind began to wander.  Seriously...wandering...can you imagine such?


Now, it's Friday night at 11:45, and par to course, I'm trying to complete a week's worth of work in about 15 minutes.  How is it that I'm even a slacker at recreational activities?  Unflippinbelievable.


However, I'm not a quitter.  I'm a winner!  I'm winning.  Nevermind that it's a little Charlie Sheen style.


Wednesday:  Ways in which I Escape.


Well, today, as my escape, I went to Six Flags over Texas with my three KBs, plus an extra child.  Unfortunately, it appeared to me that 90% of amusement park clientele appear to also be escaping-from the NEAREST PENITENTIARY!  

Honestly, what is it about theme parks, NASCAR, and Wal-Mart that summons our inner trashiness?   Don't start thinking that I'm being an elitist here...I've actively engaged in 2/3 of the above activities and am proud to say that I can slum with the best of them.  I'm just wondering what it is about these places that changes an otherwise relatively normal person into this:    


People watching was incredible on Wednesday, although it didn't exactly take me to my happy place.

Seriously though...favorite escapes?  Hhhhmmmm....


10.  poetry  (reading and writing)
9.    painting  (anything-EVEN walls)
8.    drawing
7.    sewing
6.    pedicures
5.    massages
4.    writing
3.     reading
2.    cleaning
1.    Well...duh

NEXT...Thursday:  Somewhere outside of Tarrant County

Um...what county do I live in anyway?  Shoot.  Forfeit.


Friday:  Favorite Things Friday

This one should be pretty easy.  Let's start with the obvious, my boys.  Kerry Bragg is my best friend, the father of my two children, and one seriously handsome hunka hunka burnin love.  Added bonus, he chooses to live with me and share in this delirium we call a family.  

Kory, sweet Kory, is my 13 year old precious boy.  He's unique, tender hearted, handsome, intelligent, witty, polite, creative, and pretty much a perfect boy.  He entered my life nearly 14 years ago and challenged me to learn patience...RIGHT NOW!  He cried, no let me restate that.  He screamed his ever loving red head off for approximately the first three years of his life with only about 6 breaks totalling approximately 45 minutes of silence.  However, once he overcame his initial shock upon meeting his parents, he's been nothing but joy.  I'm thankful for every minute that he shares with me.  He's really a cool kid.  

Kole.  Oh, Kole.  Well, Kole was a sweeter baby.  He was lovey and snuggly and happy and cuddly.  He loved us right from the start.  He wanted nothing more than to be close to us and make us smile.  Now that he's 11, he pretty much just wants to set world records for how many things he can break in a 24 hour period.  He's loads of fun, but definitely a bit strong willed and mischievous.  He makes my life exciting and fun.  Everyone loves Kole.  

Pretty much everything else is just icing on the proverbial cake.  I mean, what more could I really want?  

For the sake of a blog, I'll make a little list of things I enjoy (not in any particular order of importance):

1.  music
2.  pear infused tequila
3.  tattoos
4.  art museums
5.  Victoria's Secret 
6.  manicures/pedicures
7.  ribbons, lace, bows, satin
8.  good hair
9.  dental floss
10.  gorgeous dresses
11.  beaches
12.  the smell of leather
13.  big trucks
14.  kisses on the forehead
15.  a good nights sleep
16.  doing something nice for another human being anonymously
17.  making a difference
18.  a great book
19.  a moment of silence
20.  the smell of the ocean
21.  sand stuck to my feet
22.  extremely clean tile floors
23.  candles
24.  BOSE stereos
25.  40's glamour/pin-ups  
26.  big speckled Koi fish
27.  high heels
28.  bandannas 
29.  the smell of Kerry's skin
30.  a text from my sweet boys
31.  love letters
32.  Facebook
33.  gracious people
34.  laughing
35.  not making plans
36.  twinkly lights
37.  palm trees
38.  a clean bathroom
39.  dusting
40.  family photos
41.  the way I feel when I am able to resist telling someone what an idiot I think they are, even though they truly need and deserve to understand the seriousness of their stupidity.
42.  pumpkin bread
43.  Double Stuff Oreo cookies with milk
44.  Johnny Depp
45.  sunshine
46.  long, hot, bubble baths
47.  fountains
48.  unique architecture
49.  Texas
50.  being a strong Southern woman, taking pride in caring for my man
51.  my crockpot
52.  ladybugs
53.  a clean refrigerator
54.  fresh sheets
55.  a smooth writing pen
56.  song lyrics
57.  finishing a book
58.  pointy crayons
59.  baby goats
60.  The American Flag
61.  Little boy bodily functions humor
62.  Knowing that I can edit my post to add (or remove) more things that I love as they come to me.  : )

Now that I'm officially 39 minutes past the deadline for these daily challenges, I think I'll retire to my favorite place and rest next to my favorite man.  Good night my blog reading buddies.     




            

No comments:

Post a Comment